This blog is intended for our family and close friends only. It is not meant to be entertaining, understandable, or remotely interesting to the general public.

Sep 10: Buh Bye Sweet Maccie!

Have you ever heard the hypothetical question, "If your house was on fire and you only had time to take five things, what would they be?"

For me, the answer is simple. I would take my husband, my computer, and use the rest of the time to get out of Dodge.

While one is priceless and the other is arguably replaceable, my husband and my Macbook share more than a few things in common:

1. I can spend an entire weekend in their company without getting bored.
2. I take them on every vacation.
3. They can answer just about any question I have.
4. They hold priceless memories (all of our pictures-- from childhood up until last week-- are scanned and stored on my laptop)
5. They're both stuck in the days of old technology (see JitterBerry post)
6. I try not to drop either on their head.

I'm sad to report that as of last week, my  Macbook and my husband no longer have #6 in common. Why do technology disasters happen the month after your warranty runs out or as soon as you move a world away from the nearest Genius Bar?? My Macbook has processed all of my grad school papers, served me without fail through hours-long skype sessions with Aaron, abusive climate conditions, overuse, and numerous tumbles. And it never failed me. Despite my three-year extended warranty running out long ago, it kept on humming.

Until I dropped it on its head last Saturday and broke the hinge, internal wiring, and trackpad.

It was a sad, sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment